June 2000 - May 2006: Pidilite Industries Limited (Last Designation held: Section Head: International Business Division)
June 2006 - August 2017: School of Business Management, NMIMS (Last Designation: Assistant Professor, Marketing)
September 2017- October 2023: Chetana's Institute of Management and Research ( Last Designation: Professor, Marketing and Program Chairperson- PGDM( Marketing)
9th October 2023 onwards: Professor, IES Management College and Research Centre
- Saxena.R. & Majra. H. (2009). Tata Nano: A Dream Car for the Poor. In R. Saxena, Marketing Management (4th edition, pp 667-682). New Delhi, India: McGraw Hill Education.
- Saxena.R., Majra. H. & Gandhi S. (2016). Staying Hearty and Healthy the Saffola Way. In R. Saxena, Marketing Management (5th edition, pp 699-709). New Delhi, India: McGraw Hill Education.
- Majra.H.(2017). Fevicol: An Iconic Bond, In Marketing Management: Indian cases (1st edition, pp 13.1-13.15).Noida, India: Pearson
Papers presented at International Conferences:
- Banking in India- The Role of Self–Service Technology, co-authored with Dr. Rajan Saxena and Dr. Mona Sinha, at the World Marketing Congress hosted by the Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) in Atlanta in Aug 2012
- Presented a working paper on “A comparative study of customer experience in emerging markets” at the BRICS workshop hosted by IESEG, Paris, France (13-14 November 2014) to encourage collaboration amongst faculty of emerging economies.
- Mobile Payment Adoption in India: Role of Attitudes and Risks co-authored with Dr. Mona Sinha and Dr. Rajan Saxena, presented by Dr. Mona Sinha in Association of Marketing Theory and Practice 2016, March 17 – 19, 2016, St. Simons, GA
- Sustainably Transforming Emerging Market Mixes co-authored with Mr. Rishabh Nayyar in Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Special Issue and Thought Leaders’ Conference on Managing Business and Innovation in Emerging Markets at ISB Hyderabad, April 26-28, 2018
- How Agile Businesses Looked Beyond Traditional Business Cohorts co-authored with Ms. Binata Banerjee in the International Conference on Business Agility: Capabilities and Insights held on January 19, 2019, at Chetana’s Institute of Management and Research
- Use of Technology in Water Management co-authored by Ms.Avina Ganpule, Vaibhav Dudhat & Rohan Vengurlekar in the International Conference on A Water Secure World held on January 18, 2020, at Chetana’s Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Tourism in India-Grappling with the Black Swan Crisis co-authored with Prof Amruta Vadnerkar and Dr. Rashmi Jain in the 2nd International Conference on Management Skills and Growth Strategies in the Post-Pandemic Period held on January 21-22, 2021 at Welingkar’s Institute of Management Development and Research (online mode)
- Insights from Thailand’s Tourism Sector with Pertinence to India co-authored with Dr. Rashmi Jain and Prof Amruta Vadnerkar in Chetana’s International Conference on Harnessing India’s resources to make India self-reliant in collaboration with ASEAN countries held on February 23, 2021. (online mode)
- What drives customer preference for mobile wallets in India? Co-authored with Dr. Manish Sinha, Dr. Aditi Naidu, and Dr. R. Rajagopal at the 16th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference on Conscious Consumerism on 5th– 6th May 2021. Presentation held on May 6, 2021
- AI Healthcare Startups in India: Challenges and the Way Forward presented in 2021. Frontiers in Service Conference, Services in the World of Artificial Intelligence and Digital Technologies, Fox School of Business, Temple University, USA, held on July 9-10, 2021. (Online mode)
- Resilience among students- A Social Network Analysis co-authored with Dr. Nalini Krishnan and Mr. Anand Madhusudan in Chetana’s International Conference on Building Resilience in Business and Beyond held on April 9, 2022, at Chetana’s Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Presented a paper at the 9th International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence on DNA Typing: What does it hold for us? Held on 15-17 December, 2023.
- Majra, H., Saxena, R., Jha, S., & Jagannathan, S. (2016). Structuring Technology Applications for Enhanced Customer Experience: Evidence from Indian Air Travellers. Global Business Review, 17(2), 351-374.
- Sinha, M., Majra, H., Hutchins, J., & Saxena, R. (2019). Mobile payments in India: the privacy factor. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 37(1), 192-209. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJBM-05-2017-0099
- Saxena, R., Sinha, M., & Majra, H. (2015). "Self-service technologies: building relationships with Indian consumers". In Handbook on Research in Relationship Marketing. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Saxena, R., Sinha, M., & Majra, H. (2015). Banking in India: Role of Self-Service Technologies. In Thriving in a New World Economy (pp. 186-189). Springer International Publishing.
Management Development Program and Executive Programs
- Conducted MDPs in Essentials of Marketing for L&T for their Supervisory Development Program for 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- MDPs undertaken for Gujarat Ambuja, Novartis, and Lupin for Services Marketing in 2011.
- MDP was conducted for Asian Paints for Essentials of Marketing and Retailing in February 2016.
- Conducted the Services Marketing Module for the ICICI Young Leaders Program ( 2015, 2016 & 2017)
Honours- Awards- Grants
- Received a certificate of appreciation for strengthening and building a robust Alumni Relations Network at the School of Business Management, NMIMS, in March 2012.
- Awarded the Doctoral Student Travel Grant by AMS for paper presentation in 2012 for attending the World Marketing Congress in Atlanta, USA.
- First prize received at the 10th SIMSR (Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research) Global Marketing Conference, Mumbai, February 24 and 25, 2015 for the research paper titled "The Effect of Customer Compatibility on Customer Experience - A Study of the Airline Industry ".
- IMC Silver Award winner at the 7th Indian Management Conclave, held at IIM Ahmedabad on August 5-6, 2016 in the Leadership in Corporate Engagement Category, Initiative Title: The Integration Challenge
- Invited as Track Chair for the 13th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference held in Mumbai on the theme "Marketing to the Global Consumer" held on February 15, 2018.
- Invited as Track Chair for the 14th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference held in Mumbai on the theme "Marketing to Millennials " held on February 7, 2019.
- Invited as Track Chair for the 15th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference, held on January 23-24, 2020 in Mumbai, India on the theme “MarkTech -Seamless. Marketing. Technology”.
- Invited as Track Chair for the 3rd International Conference (held virtually) on Challenges in Emerging Economies, General Management Area Conference on Qualitative Research with the theme 'Stakeholder Management & Ethics' held on 26 February 2021 by K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management
- Invited as Track Chair for the 16th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference (held virtually) on 5th May 2021 in Mumbai, India on the theme “Conscious Consumerism”.
- Invited as Track Chair for the S-Team SCMHRD conference on September 27, 2021 (held virtually) on the theme Digital Marketing, Social Responsibility and Consumer Behaviour
- Invited as Track Chair for the 17th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference (held virtually) on 5th February 2022 on Redefining Customer Journeys.
- Invited as Track Chair for the 18th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference held on February 9-10, 2023, on Marketing and Digitization: Delivering Value in New Age
- Invited as Track Chair by Shri Vaishnav School of Management, Shri Vaishnav Vidyapeeth Vishwavidyalaya, Indore, Nav-Prabandhan 2023 on Responsiveness and Innovations for Sustainable Business: Prospects and Challenges, September 22-23, 2023
- Paper -setter for BSM-004 Foundation of Services Marketing paper for the BBASM (Bachelor in Business Administration) program for IGNOU in September 2021
- Evaluation of papers of the BSM-004 for the BBASM program from the IGNOU Regional Evaluation Centre, Shivaji Nagar, Bhopal
- Attended a 2-day faculty development workshop organized by NMIMS University in Mumbai on 28-29 July 2014, conducted by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Attended an FDP from Dec 5, 2016 to Dec 10, 2016, organized by NMIMS University on research quality, research productivity, and inductive qualitative methodology, conducted by Dr. Sarosh Karuvilla and Dr. Ariel Avgar from Cornell University.
- Completed two weeks of FDP On the Internet of Things (IoT) Using Amazon AWS from 27 July- 07 August 2020 in online mode organized by Finland Labs (A Unit of Revert Technology Pvt. Ltd.) in association with National Social Summit, IIT Roorkee
- Participated and completed the 5-day online FDP on the theme “Inculcating Universal Human Values in Technical Education” organized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) from 19 April 2021 to 23 April 2021.
- Completed an Online Certification course on Social Network Analysis and its applications held online by NITIE Mumbai in collaboration with Prof. Noshir Contractor (Jane S. & William J. White Professor of Behavioral Sciences, McCormick School of Engineering & Applied Science, The School of Communication and Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University). It was held from January 12th to March 2nd, 2022, every Wednesday from 6 pm to 9 pm, 30 hours course, 10 sessions, 3 hours/session with an application using R language
- Attended Faculty FDP conducted at Chetana’s by CIMR and CRKIMR on April 8, 2022, on the theme of Building Resilience in Business and Beyond
- Attended data visualization and storytelling training at IIM Bangalore (DCAL) from 13-14 December 2022.